Old June 26th 03, 07:52 AM
Ron Merts

Default Video Randomly Shutting Down

Is it that the card goes into sleep mode and refuses to wake up? I have
seen that but mostly on older GeForce cards with some newer Detonator 4
drivers. If you suspect a heat problem you can get a Thermaltake Crystal
Orb cooler (heatsink and fan combo) for under $20 and replace the heatsink
only thing that comes on a lot of FX 5200 cards. If you are under Windows
98 or ME and it's going to sleep then not waking up I'd suspect a driver
issue somewhere. I haven't seen it under Windows XP or 2000 only ME and
98SE.

Ron

"amarx" wrote in message
om...
Since installing an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra a few days ago, I've
been having a strange problem: After several hours, when the computer
has been sitting idle, the video goes dead on the monitor. The
computer's power remains on and seems to be fine.

When I re-boot, everything is fine again until it happens again.

I'm running the latest drivers for the card and my Asus P4T533
motherboard.

This only started happening after installing the card, so I'm assuming
it's the card.

The only thing I can think of is that it's an overheating problem.

Any help would be appreciated.