Old November 8th 03, 02:21 PM
Andrew

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:58:27 -0000, "patrickp"
- take five to email me wrote:

Anyone regularly reading posts in this ng will have frequently noticed
threads started with posts from people who've changed an ATi card for an
NVidia one, or vice versa, and are having problems. Invariably, they will
be advised to clear out the driver remnants from the card they have removed
and doing this usually sorts the problem. Look through your Windows folder
and your registry, Andrew: you'll find plenty of NVidia entries and files
still there. Perhaps your system seems Ok now, but that's not to say you
won't have trouble in the future, or that your system wouldn't be running
very much better if you cleared out those remnants.

It was running fine for about two months. My mobo died and I last week
had to replace it with an Nforce 2 mobo, which required a reinstall of
Windows. It works exactly the same now as it did before, with very
slightly better 3Dmark scores which is down to running dual channel
memory now.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.