Old November 8th 03, 12:00 AM
Ben

just uninstall the nvidia drivers via add/remove and reboot
shut down - swap cards - reboot
install 3.7 cats (the most stable and bug free for most ppl)
you can always try 3.9s later and if they give problems then role back to
3.7
the cats include smartgart for adjusting agp - just check the setting
matches what youve set in the bios.
enjoy

"Ed" wrote in message
Hello,

Currently have a Ti4200 in an Asus A7N8X v2.00.(Nvidia Ultra 400),
Windows XP Pro.

I assume I go about the install this way,...

1. Uninstall Nvidia drivers, Reboot.

2. Run Driver Cleaner+Cab Cleaner?
I never used that, is it a must?

3. Shut down, pull ti4200, install ATI card.

4. Install ATI v3.9 drivers?
Is there anything on the ATI CD that I must or must not install?

5. I read something about the GART driver, when I uninstall the Ti4200
drivers does it remove that too, if so how do I fix that?

Thanks for any tips,links, help, I've had this PC for 6 months and it
has been flawless, I'd like it to stay that way.

Regards,
Ed G.