Old October 27th 03, 06:51 AM
porpoise

phobos wrote in message

My brother has a 9600 Pro, and as far as I know the regular 9600 just
has a slower clock speed (possibly ram timings too). I doubt it would
be all that much slower on a mid-range system.

I'm running a XP 2200+ (1.8GHz).

I like the 9600 better than the GF4's as personal preference, so I'd go
with them if that was the only choice. Otherwise I'd save a few more
bucks and get a FX5700U shortly, it's got much better bang for the buck
and it's a good price.

I've got the choice of a Chaintech Ti4200 64MB for $94US or a Sapphire
9600 128MB for $113US (both with TV and DVI out). My old Ti4200 just
died on me (see another thread I started recently) and I need to get a
new card. If the 9600 will do as good as the 4200, I'd take it,
especially since the 9600 seems to run cooler and doesn't require a
onboard fan., just a passive heatsink. For the extra $20 I'd pay, the
lack of noise and the extra 64MB might be worth it to me, assuming the
rest of the performance is equal.