Old October 27th 03, 02:57 AM
phobos

porpoise wrote:

Hi, do you guys know of any sites with direct benchmark comparisons
between a GF4 Ti4200 and Radeon 9600? I'm deciding between the two
right now. I've looked but can only find 9600 pro vs Ti4200
benchmarks, but I'm only interested in the 9600.

Thanks!

My brother has a 9600 Pro, and as far as I know the regular 9600 just
has a slower clock speed (possibly ram timings too). I doubt it would
be all that much slower on a mid-range system.

I like the 9600 better than the GF4's as personal preference, so I'd go
with them if that was the only choice. Otherwise I'd save a few more
bucks and get a FX5700U shortly, it's got much better bang for the buck
and it's a good price.