Old October 9th 03, 07:30 PM
Inglo

On 10/9/2003 8:56 AM Paul Turnbull befouled our nation with:

"tom" wrote in message

In current and older games, the ti4200 is generally as fast or faster

than

the radeon 9600 - it's just not dx 9.0 compatible so that's probably an
issue.

People really seem to like the 9600, and it's a decent card, but it

really

isn't all that fast.

Tom

Where did you hear that? Doesn't the 9600 pull ahead once you enable AA and
AF?

A quick look on Google brought these up:

http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2...o/index.x?pg=9

http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2...o/index.x?pg=8

Yeah that's a fact. Raw speed, compared even to my old GF3 Ti500, on my
new 9600 Pro isn't really that mind blowing, but with that card I would
only occasionally enable 2x AA & AF, and I have friends with Ti4200s
that pretty much leave those features off. On older games I was
getting ridiculously high frame rates if I wanted to set things up that
way. Now with the Radeon 9600 Pro, I can run a game like Quake3 with
optimal framerates, 160 fps avg., and have 6x AA and 8x AF enabled.

--
Can I trade my happiness for some money?

Steve [Inglo]