Old March 8th 04, 09:04 PM
kony

On 8 Mar 2004 08:23:38 -0800, (Timothy Lee) wrote:

I would like to test my RAM with the memtest86 program. Some of the
Readme.txt discusses "safe" memory testing. Does this mean that the
memory test routines could possibly physically harm the RAM in some
way, or does this mean that the program can run without crashing the
computer, or does this mean something else?

Not damage to the RAM, just crashing or otherwise putting the system into
a different, likely instable operation by changing the reserved addresses.