Old December 29th 03, 02:47 AM
Arsalan

Thank you very much for your tip Peter. I appreciate it. However, I do
not have any option related to USB storage devices in the BIOS
settings. I do however have the USB legacy and USB1.1/2.0 options
enabled. I am not certain if these are associated with my problem!

"Peter J. Persing" wrote in message ...
Disable all the stuff you arn't using in the BIOS including USB storage
devices, the second IDE channel, etc. Then it won't take the time to attempt
auto-detection on something that isn't there.

"Arsalan" wrote in message
om...
Thank you very much Dorph. I do have 2 processors under the
performance tab.
I have one more issue though. The boot up time is noticeably long. In
the BIOS, I have enabled the option of Quick Boot but still, it takes
like 2 - 2.5 minutes to boot up my computer. I have 512 MB RAM and
hard disk is almost empty. During the boot up procedure, when BIOS
starts identifying the IDEs, that is where it gets delayed and then it
tries to identify "USB Mass Storage Devices" and says none found. I
never have any USB devices attached during boot up.
Any ideas how I can solve this issue?
Thanks again.

Arsalan

"Dorph" wrote in message

I have just set up a new computer for myself using ASUS P4R800-VM and
Intel 2.6 C processor. According to the manual, there was supposed to
be an option in the BIOS to enable HT as I have installed Windows XP.
However, I cannot see this option anywhere in the BIOS. I did update
the BIOS but still I can't find this option. I used the utility
available on the Intel site to check the running frequency of my
processor. The processor successfully runs at 2.6 MHz with the system
bus operating at 800 MHz.
Does this mean that the HT Technology is enabled on my system.

Any response would be much appreciated!
Thanks to all!

Arsalan

Press alt+ctrl+del choose performance tab - if u have 2 processors
under "CPU Usage History" HT are enabled.

Dorph