Old December 28th 03, 11:13 AM
Arsalan

Default I can't find the enable hyper threading option in BIOS

Hello,
I have just set up a new computer for myself using ASUS P4R800-VM and
Intel 2.6 C processor. According to the manual, there was supposed to
be an option in the BIOS to enable HT as I have installed Windows XP.
However, I cannot see this option anywhere in the BIOS. I did update
the BIOS but still I can't find this option. I used the utility
available on the Intel site to check the running frequency of my
processor. The processor successfully runs at 2.6 MHz with the system
bus operating at 800 MHz.
Does this mean that the HT Technology is enabled on my system.

Any response would be much appreciated!
Thanks to all!

Arsalan