Old November 28th 03, 08:05 PM
lucy

Default AOPEN AX4BS-V MOTHERBOARD - won't boot - won't POST - help please!!

AOPEN AX4BS-V MOTHERBOARD
Windows 2000 Pro with latest service pack & updates
384 megs of ram (128-meg sticks x 3)
tnt2 video card
80-gig hard drive
running hardware monitor III - which checks the temp & voltage

I was using CuteFTP to transfer some files to my webserver.
My computer locked up.
I hit CTL-ALT-DEL - no response.
I hit the reset button.
Instead of rebooting, I got:
* no video output
* all 3 LEDs on my keyboard flashed 5 times quickly, paused, then repeated
* fans were spinning, LED on my motherboard was on

I pulled the power cord from power outlet, waited a few minutes, then plugged
it back in.
When I turned it on, I got the same results:
* no video output
* all 3 LEDs on my keyboard flashed 5 times quickly, paused, then repeated
* fans were spinning, LED on my motherboard was on

I pulled the power cord from the wall,
opened the case, and removed the power leads
from the power supply to the motherboard.

I then (following the instructions in the mini-manual) moved the jumper
JP14 from 1-2 to 2-3 for a few seconds and back again.

I then plugged the power leads from the power supply back onto the mother
board, plugged it into the wall outlet.

Now I got:
* no video
* no keyboard errors
* no beep codes
* cant get to the point of hitting DEL to get into CMOS and reset back to
defaults
* fans spin - so I know there is power to the motherboard

I then pulled every card but the video card (network, sound, etc),
removed every IDE cable from the Hard Drive, the CD-Rom and the floppy drive.

I then removed the power cords to the same devices.

I then removed all of the memory (3 sticks), and put a random one into Slot #1.

I then removed the button battery that backs up the CMOS area, waited 10 min,
put it back in.

I then did the Jumper JP14 again - trying to reset the cmos that way.

Now I got:
* no video
* no keyboard errors
* no beep codes
* cant get to the point of hitting DEL to get into CMOS and reset back to
defaults
* fans spin - so I know there is power to the motherboard

I now I have it sitting on my desk, no power of any kind going to it, battery
pulled,
no cards except the video, and I've re-seated it to make sure it's ok.
no ide cables, no power connected to hard drive, floppy and cd-rom.

I have no idea what to do.

I could not find what the original 5 quickly-flashing keyboard LED error was...

Can someone help me please?? I have major important work that has to be done
this weekend
and no computer! I'm on a friend's computer right now.

If anyone can help me, please post here or email me at:

Thanks!

Lucy