Old August 28th 10, 10:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peter Damgaard Brusendorff

Default NVIDIA GeForce9600m GT not recognized after installing Windows 7

Hello Everyone.

i have a FujitzuSiemens Notebook Amilo Xi 3650 with two Graphic cards:

- A NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT, and
- A Mobile Intel(45) Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation -
WDDM 1.1

I recently installed Windows 7 Home Edition, and discovered a serious
problem: After the installation, the computer no longer recognize my
graphic card. Instead it claims - when looking in the device manager -
that I have a "Standard VGA graphic adapter" . There is a little yellow
sign on the VGA graphic adapter with an exclamation mark.

I can not install the NVIDIA 258.96 notebook driver found on NVIDIAS
Download page for my product. The installation just says "NVIDIA couldnt
find a driver compatible with your hardware". That's again, because
Windows 7 does'nt recognize my NVIDIA graphics card.

I have tried to uninstall the VGA adapter from device manager, but after
restarting Windows it is just installed again.

Further I have tried to manualy install the NVIDIA driver by trying to
update the Standard VGA adapter, pointing at the installation files
unpacked by the NVIDIA installation program, choosing my card in the
dialog box, but during the installation Windows/NVIDIA report a problem
and force the NVIDIA uninstall manager to uninstall the driver and
starts restoring the "right" driver for the Standard VGA adapter.

Is there anything i can do? I am running out of good ideas now and would
like to hear whether someone here do know what to do in such situation.

Best regards

Peter Brusendorff
Denmark