Old October 30th 04, 02:05 AM
S.Heenan

Boba & Ilinka wrote:
"S.Heenan" wrote in message
news:99zgd.56036$nl.5389@pd7tw3no...

billybronco wrote:

Hi,

I want to build myself a new pc, this one is being passed on to a poor
student friend.
I am planning on installing 2 SATA hard drives in a RAID stripe array on
an
ABIT mobo (havent decided which model yet).

Could you guys recommend some good quality harddrive models, which are
known
for being quiet and fast. I am looking at 160-200GB each.

Quiet: Seagate Fast: Western Digital RE or SE series

Buy one with the longest warranty.

The Seagate has a five year warranty and would be my first choice, based
in part on my success with Seagate products. This is no guarantee
against data loss.
If the OP wants to do RAID 0, he should be creating disk images on a
frequent basis.