Old February 23rd 15, 08:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

Default Gigabyte SIV (App Center program)

Bill wrote:

*******

For a free fan control program, there is Speedfan from almico.com.
Maybe that will have better options than SIV. The program is for
Windows.

I guess I don't know how to use Speedfan to adjust my fan
speeds. I AM using it to read my fan speeds. I don't think Speedfan
knows my motherboard model, but I only have one fan I need manage
(CPU_OPT).

I just registered at Speedfan's website. Maybe I am reading it wrong,
as I didn't see configurations for any "1150" CPU motherboards. Mine is
Gigabyte z97x-... I thought I would have seen something in that category?

Bill

I would guess the motherboard table is no longer updated.

I can see a few sockets missing.

I don't think you'll have trouble finding the settings,
as there is a "Configure" button, a "Speeds" tab, and
an "Advanced" tab.

The Speeds one, allows setting Min and Max fan speed.
The "Automatically Variated" enables fan speed control
as near as I can tell.

The "Advanced" is the hard part. For my chip, it lists
several of the trade names for fan speed control methods,
but the actual chip will only have one of those. So I
don't know what to do with that one. But at least the
"Speeds" one, you can try setting the minimum speed,
tick the box, and see what happens.

I'll have to go back and use Linux "sensors-detect", to
see if the chip identification agrees with Speedfan.
Speedfan sees two SuperI/O chips for some reason.

And it's hard for me to verify Speedfan on this system,
as there are no PWM fans installed in the case. My
newer system has at least one PWM fan (which was
running too slow, the first time I fired up the
computer). I'd have to do my testing over there.

Paul