Old August 29th 14, 06:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

Default Power requirement for H97-D3H motherboard

Haines Brown wrote:
Thanks for the correction Paul.

I wonder if I might slip in another petty question here regarding this
motherboard rather than start a new thread: can its Secure Boot be
disabled?

Haines

The features of Secure Boot, are purely up to the company
making the hardware.

On a Windows RT box, Microsoft compliance would require Secure
Boot to always be enabled. And the trust key used, would
only allow the Windows OS to run. No key for Linux or Android.

On an x86 desktop, you would have more options. Secure Boot
is turned off in UEFI BIOS on my new motherboard. My
motherboard also claims to have key management, and so
if I wanted to use Secure Boot, and add another OS
to the list, there is supposed to be some way to do that.
Motherboards like mine are supposed to have a Windows key
and a Linux key, but I don't care enough to check for that.

To me, Secure Boot is just an exclusion mechanism, and
it is mainly (ab)used at the moment for mobile devices.
The ones where they want to build "Walled Gardens".

Paul