Old January 15th 04, 04:47 PM
DaveL

Darthy,

There are three types of GF3. There was the original, called a GF3 (that's
what I received). Later, Nvidia decided to split the product line and
released a lower clocked version, the ti200, and a higher clocked version,
the ti500. All Gainward did was take the ti500 a little further with higher
clocking and called it a ti550. Now do you get it?

Dave

"Darthy" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:25:33 -0800, "DaveL"
wrote:

Thank you all. I have emailed the seller with my grievance. I don't

mind
keeping the card as is but I think he should credit back some money to my
paypal account to make up for the bad fan and the fact that I received a
lesser model than was represented in the ad. I'll let you all know how

it
turns out.

Have you confirmed WHAT you mean by "PLAIN" card? Were you expecting
a Ti550 and got a Ti500?

There is no such thing as a TI550 GF3 card.]

Please use AIDA32 from www.aida32.hu , its free. It will tell you
exactly WHAT kind of video card you have.

Here is gainward's site: http://www.gainward.com/c-2.html Their
system is a bit stupid, just tell it to view ALL GF3 products... try
to figure out what you were supposed to have purcased.

Gainward has 4 cards that they call "TI550".

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!