Old January 14th 04, 07:53 PM
Carl

In this news forum,
Andrew exclaimed to the world in his special way:

Leaving negative feedback before communicating with the seller is very
rude. I would be very annoyed if someone ruined my 100% positive
feedback record just because they couldn't be bothered to talk to me.

Andrew I couldn't agree more in cases where there is a possibility of an
honest mix-up, or breakdown in comms. But if you take it as fact from the
OP on what the seller printed when he advertised the card he said it was a
GF3 ti550 and thats not what he got. It was also faulty. I also said it
depends how the seller advertised the card and what he printed and my

I appreciate that the seller could say the card was in working order when it
left his possession and the buyer would have little to no comeback, but that
still leaves misrepresentation.

You're more tolerant than I. There are thousands of sellers selling
thousands of graphics cards on Ebay. Some will be thorough, honest and send
to the buyer exactly what they advertised and in the condition it was
advertised in (as I do) on the date agreed. I stand by my original view as
harsh as it may seem. The seller has the option of replying to neg feedback
and thus when you read the feedback you can make up your own mind. In
unusual cases I would suggest there is a way for Ebay to remove negative
feedback left in error, despite what they say, with the consent of buyer and
seller. You can't afford to take a gamble, mis-advertise goods, or sell
dodgy stuff on Ebay if you want a clean feedback record.

It appears that in this case (until I'm told differently) the buyer has been
shafted either through ignorance or deliberation. Ignorance is no excuse.
Negative feedback.

~Carl