Old December 16th 03, 02:59 AM
BoB

I would use another benchmark, trying to keep the memory/cpu locked
1:1, running the cpu faster doesn't help if you have latency problems
killing performance.
I do a lot of dvd ripping/reencoding, whatever is fastest is what I would go
with!

"jack" wrote in message
I really thought it would run at 1:1, but it definitely will not. That
is, it won't at FSB 220 MHz. It will at FSB 200 MHz.

I had to make a choise. I could run the processor at 3.2 GHz and the
memory at 200 MHz, or I could run the processor at 3.52 GHz and the
memory at 176 MHz with the 5:4 ratio. Running the memory at 200 MHz gave
me a Sandra benchmarked data rate of 5.5 GHz/sec as opposed to the 4.8
GHz/second that I'm getting with the processor running at 3.2 GHz. I
still am wondering if I made the best choise. What would you do?

BoB wrote:

Won't that memory run 1:1 locked with cpu at fsb?