Old August 8th 03, 10:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Ben Pope

Default MP/XP chip speeds table...

gARY wrote:
Why is there listed 2chips both 2800+.........

Model Clock Speed L1/L2 Cache
(681) XP2800+ (2250) 128/256

T'Bred B, 166*13.5

(68AO) XP2800+ (2083) 128/512

Barton, 166*12.5

How do 'I know' which I'm purchasing IF I'm only told it's a XP2800+

The Bartons have twice the L2 cache (512KB) - assume T'Bred B unless 512Kb
L2 or Barton are stated.

Just asking, as most UK suppliers have NO clue to what I'm asking
which is this........

Both chips are a XP2800+ right? One has a lower "clock speed" but
with a higher L2.

1/ Which is best and why?

The T'bred is better at number crunching, the Barton better at memory
intensive stuff. On average they're the same. I'd get the Barton.

Ben