Old April 13th 08, 08:39 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Faelan

Default Canon Pixma MX700 : network and power on

"smlunatick" a écrit dans le message de
On Apr 11, 5:11 am, "Faelan" wrote:
Hi

Sorry for my (quite bad) english.
I just installed a Pixma MX700 at home. I used the ethernet connection on
my
local network to share the printer with my both daughters.
All is working fine, except 1 thing.... : if the printer is power off, it
is
not detected by the pc's drivers : we have to manually power the printer
on
to use it... Easy for me because my PC is closed to the printer. But my
both
daughters are not on the same floor...
Other networked printers automatically power on when a work is printed....
I don't find a way to configure it on the Pixma.

Any help ?

Thanks to all.

--
F.

Most printers have two power off modes. The one you need is the
"power save" mode which will lower the power of the printer when not
busy. The other power off modem is the power switch. This will also
cause the problem since this will turn off the power completely.

Locate and use the "power save" mode and do not turn the power switch
to off.

When the printer is power on and you don''t use it, after a few minuts, it
goes to power save mode.
I suppose I have to use this feature But the power consumption is quite
important in power save mode (when you calculate it for 1 complete year...).
Thanks for your help.

--

F.