Old July 11th 03, 05:54 PM
Madra Rua

"Tom Joyce" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:47:35 GMT, "Madra Rua" wrote:

The CPU is running at 1.69 GHz - about x17. Now how about overclocking?

Your CPU is intended to run at 133MHz FSB, so the initial setting should
be 13*133=1729MHz.

If you still need more power and have a Thoroughbred B chip it will be
very overclockable; mine is currently at 2266MHz ) on an old
A7V133.

Regards,
Tom

Thank you Tom.

Looking through the motherboard manual, I don't see anywhere to set the FSB.
The Advanced Chipset Features of the BIOS have, for the first item, the CPU
external frequency. It is now at 100 MHz. It also says that the FSB is
double this. I checked to see what choices are available for the CPU
external frequency and they we 100, 133, 166 and 200. If I choose 133,
that means the FSB would be 266 MHz, not what I want.

So where to set the FSB?

According to Aida32, the chip is a Thoroughbred B.

TIA

Rua