Old December 16th 04, 01:37 PM
tony_s

"Stuart" wrote in message
news
I have a similar problem ..Ordered an item a wek ago,selected Standard
Delivery and was due to recieve it on 15/12 ...Tracking showed it to be
due for despatch on 14/12 and it did arrive by City Link on 15/12 as
expected ...Seems that Standard Delivery items get delayed then still get
sent by Next Day Delivery so they arrive on the chosen date...... I sent
an e-mnote to Ebuyer to clarify why they do this and all I got was a reply
saying something like .".I see you order has been depatched
...goodbye"...When I responded by asking for further clarification I got
this .

" Due to the upturn in our order volumes we are currently experiencing a
1-2 day backlog on our
Standard - Super saver delivery orders and some Priority service orders.
Our dispatch teams are
working round the clock to clear these backlogs and we are currently
recruiting to relieve and
balance the extra workload. We expect to have the current volumes under
control very shortly ".

I give up....
Stuart
---------

Just as a matter of interest, if Ebuyer delivered the item on the day they
said they would, what is the problem?
Is there really any point in adding to the mess of their enotes system when
you have nothing to complain about?

tony