Old October 17th 04, 05:47 PM
JS

But now I am coming round to thinking that the old way of using a
spray furniture polish or spray glass cleaner is better than
microfibre.

Many display coatings will be destroyed this way.

There are also some proprietary screen cleaner out there (not wipes
but sprays) and I wonder if anyone can say how they compare to the
other methods.

I use iKlear Apple Polish. It does an excellant job. It is a pain in the
rer to use but the results are spectacular. This stuff is a polish and
requires the effort of a polish to look its best.

Finally there is general purpose denatured alcohol (methylated
spirits in the UK) but I am not so sure about using this method.

If you still have your display doc's I would check them to see if they say
anything about chemicals that are not compatible with the screen coatings.