Old June 10th 11, 04:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Workbug

Default Can Gigabyte ep35c-ds3r v2.1 support 3TB hard drive?

On Jun 9, 6:21*pm, Paul wrote:
Workbug wrote:
I have an Gigabyte ep35c-ds3r motherboard running both Windows XP and
Windows 7. *I'm about to buy a 3TB hard drive. *Would this motherboard
support it? *If not, is there a new driver update to make this
possible?

I'd start by looking to the disk manufacturer, to provide some advice.
One of the links here, will likely answer your questions. At a guess,
I'd say it'll be easier to make it a "data" drive, than a "boot" drive.

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/beyond-2tb/

There is a barrier of sorts, at 2.2TB, which is where the fun begins.
If you buy a 2TB drive, then there is nothing to worry about. If you
use a 3TB drive, or make large RAID arrays or the like, then you have
further reading ahead of you.

* * Paul

Western Digital says only systems with new BIOS can go over the 2TB
barrier. That's why I'm looking for a BIOS update or some sort.