Old August 22nd 09, 05:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
barcaroller

Default Nvidia error on Linux

"Jim Beard" wrote in message
technologies...

My first suggestion would be to make sure your system is updated.
Python in particular has had some changes recently IIRC and glibc
likewise. Keeping everything lined up on the same sheet of music makes
all work much better.

Beyond that, you would need to specify the nature of your system, the
version of Linux in use, the kernel, and the software mentioned in the
error messages of concern. And hope someone who is familiar with such
things notices it.

"Nvidia error on Linux" does not exactly draw attention to the specific
problem you need addressed.

You might also try booting to run level 3 (terminal mode) rather than to
X-windows. On my system, this is controlled by a line
in /etc/inittab

id:3:initdefault:

Change the 3 to a 5 to boot into a GUI.

Information about my system is below. I'm using an Nvidia 7300. It's
becoming more evident that this is a Python problem (specifically the
ixf86configmodule.so module). I upgraded to Python 2.6.2 but that did not
fix the problem. Upgrading to Python 3.0 is not an option because it is
incompatible with Python 2.0.

prompt uname -a
Linux hostname 2.6.29.6-217.2.8.fc11.i686.PAE #1 SMP Sat Aug 15 01:07:59
EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux