Old August 22nd 09, 02:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim Beard[_2_]

Default Nvidia error on Linux

barcaroller wrote:
I have an Nvidia card on my Linux desktop. During boot-up, when the
start-up scripts run nvidia-config-display, they get an error message (see
below). Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

My first suggestion would be to make sure your system is updated.
Python in particular has had some changes recently IIRC and glibc
likewise. Keeping everything lined up on the same sheet of music
makes all work much better.

Beyond that, you would need to specify the nature of your system,
the version of Linux in use, the kernel, and the software
mentioned in the error messages of concern. And hope someone who
is familiar with such things notices it.

"Nvidia error on Linux" does not exactly draw attention to the
specific problem you need addressed.

You might also try booting to run level 3 (terminal mode) rather
than to X-windows. On my system, this is controlled by a line
in /etc/inittab

id:3:initdefault:

Change the 3 to a 5 to boot into a GUI.

Cheers!