Old September 30th 03, 01:46 AM
GrgArt

Default GigaByte GA-7DXR Memory Problem ?

I wonder is there solution for this problem:

System:

MBO: Gigabyte 7DXR bios f10a
CPU: AMT AthlonXP 1800+ at 1533MHz
AGP: Sapphire Radeon 9000 VIVO
OS: WindowsXP Pro SP1
Memory: DIMM1 PC-2100, 512 MB, 184 pins, DDR RAM, 266 MHz, M.tec
TTD7608F8E75B
DIMM2 PC-2100, 512 MB, 184 pins, DDR RAM, 266 MHz,
Infineon-Hynix HY5DU56822AT-H

Problem:

Working with mpeg2 files in VirtualDub freezes my computer that only hard
reset helps.
OK, I got one mpeg2 file in VirtualDub, and simple freeze test is that I
start error scan and it freezes after 2-5 min.
And it only happens when both memory modules are in computer.
I tested each module individually plugged in computer, and there are no
problems.
I tested memory in DOS with DocMem, and all tests are OK.
All bios parameters are default and auto memory parameters a 8 8 10 3 7
2.5 3
I found at newsgroups some stuff on similar problems and suggestions to
increase memory voltage from 2.5V to 2.6V or 2.7V and to setup memory
parameters manually to 16 8 8 2 6 2 2.
I tried to increase voltage but it does not help, and with these manual
parameters I can't even boot to Windows (it just restarts before windows
booting or hangs after HD detection).

So, is there any solution for this configuration or I just need same two
memory modules?

Thanks.

--
GrgArt