Old December 13th 04, 11:08 PM
ThePunisher

M wrote:
"ThePunisher" wrote in message
t...
al wrote:
"recursor" wrote in message
Build you're own. You're paying a serious premium for the case
badge.

and the paint

That's certainly true of SavRow!!!

Actually, putting all the components together, there's not *that*
much of a premium. And I really don't get a kick out of building my
own PC these days either so I'm not fussed about that. I like the
convenience of getting a soak tested machine with perfect internal
cabling and nice quiet innards ...

I'm interested in hearing how much that premium's worth though from
those who may have paid it?

I went to Alienware's site and put together a pc for £1776.48 I went
to Ebuyer and put together the same pc(exact same parts but
lookalike case) for
£1376.02 so really, your paying £400.46 for an Alienware case.

--
ThePunisher

Since when does any vendor supply PC's with....
"perfect internal cabling"..I think not!

Most built systems I've seen look as if the owner's 12 year old son or
daughter has assembled them!!

Remember they charge £7 for this miracle :-)

--
ThePunisher