Old January 24th 05, 07:05 AM
Gary Dingle

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:37:58 -0600, "philo" wrote:

"Gary Dingle" wrote in message
.. .
I bought a GeForce MX440 with AGP8X approx 6-8 months ago.
When I went to install it, I noticed there was a connection on the PC
board for a fan. As there was no fan, I questioned the dealer from who
I purchased and was told this model DID NOT have a fan & the
connection was there probably for a different model that uses the same
PC board.
I went ahead & installed it and have had no problems.

I have now updated the OS with XP SP2 & after booting I get the
following message in a blue box, bottom right of screen

"VGA Fan Abnormal, Check VGA Card's Fan".

Does this mean that this model SHOULD have a fan?
If not, how do I stop this warning message?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions.
Gary

there should be a setting for that in your bios...
look for a hardware monitor screen (or something similar)
then disable vga fan monitoring

My motherboard is a Gigabyte P4 Titan (SiS 645 chipset)
there is a section in the bios settings called "PC Helath Status" & in
that is the option to enable/disable :
CPU Fan Fail Warning and
System Fan Fail Warning
(which are both disabled)
but nowhere can I see reference to VGA or AGP Fan monitoring.
I have now emailed the manufacturer, so hopefully a reply from them
will fix.