Old October 17th 03, 06:33 PM
Driekes

I've got the same problem with those cards. Every fan will make noise, even
new out of the box. Asus just denies the problem. I never had understand
this problem: the fan is one of the cheapest parts on the videocard, why not
spending some little money to get a better one... I just quit buying those
cards. I'm using Gigabyte cards now and the smaller one's come with passive
coolers, that's the best!

Driekes

"[]V[] e g a []V[] a d" schreef in bericht

"Phyzlo" schreef in bericht
om...
Hello,

I have recently bought an ASUS V9520 GFX card. After two days of using
it the fan started to sound as if it was spinning against something. I
went back to the store and got a new card but this card also started
to sound bad after couple of days.. Is there something wrong with ASUS
V9520 fan in general? Or am I just having bad luck?

I bought mine 3 weeks ago, and 5 days ago my fan started making noises

when
spinning up.
I fiddled a little with it and it seems to work ok...
However: my case is open, so if it stops I'll know ;-)

I'm gonna replace it with a 3-wire fan and connect it to a fan header on

my
mobo for monitoring...

Leo