Old January 15th 05, 04:57 PM
Larry Gagnon

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:10:49 +0000, fsda wrote:

I have an Asus A8N-SLI. Looking forward to the lower CPU utilization of
the Nvidia4 chipset, I installed the Nvidia Firewall (ActiveArmor). This
motherboard came bundled with a copy of Norton Internet Security 2004.

I want to use the Nvidia Firewall, but use the other features of Norton
Internet Security 2004, like antivirus, antispam, etc.

My problem is, When the Nvidia Firewall is activated, the Norton
LiveUpdate feature cannot connect, and I cannot figure out a way to give
it permission. I even added a rule to the Nvidia Firewall setings
allowing the LiveUpdate app, but it still didn't do the trick. And, the
Nvidia Firewall never pops up to tell me anything is wrong..

Anyone else have this problem?

IMHO I would uninstall Norton stuff. That is one of the most invasive,
power hungry pieces of software ever written. Its many features require
that large parts of it be constantly loaded, taking up resources, and the
default update settings are way to frequent. On anything but a new
powerful computer Norton System Works and their other products can
significantly slow down your machine.

If I were you I would use AVG for Anti-Virus and AdAware for spyware and
chuck Norton. The former two are much less invasive and yet, as powerful.

On the other hand if you want a machine that is secure without having to
ad all that extra software crap you should switch to Linux - at which
point you would be very unlucky to ever get another virus or piece of
spyware on your computer.

Larry Gagnon, A+ certified tech.

--
to reply via email remove "fake"