Old December 13th 04, 09:31 AM
XOffender

Default Help! BIOS flash gone bad

I own a P5AD2 Deluxe motherboard. I had a BIOS flash freeze on me, and now I
can't start up my machine at all, not even to boot from a floppy or CD in
order to reflash. As soon as I power on, I get the "System failed CPU test"
voice message, and there isn't even any signal going to the monitor. I tried
removing the CMOS battery and using the jumpers to clear CMOS, but nothing
changed.

What are my options at this point? Is there anything I can do to reflash the
BIOS, or am I stuck getting an RMA from Asus? I know there are options for
ordering a new BIOS chip to install oneself, but I'd rather not do that. Any
other possibilities?