Old December 11th 03, 03:14 PM
Robert B. Clark

On 11 Dec 2003 01:10:23 GMT, onojunk (Sidmon) wrote:

What sort of wattage should I be looking for. And I'm sure one of the cases (a

See my previous post in this thread:

'99 Tiny case) is an ATX type because the PSU is ATX. Why then doesnt it fit a
full size ATX motherboard in when the Tiny case itself seems normal sized middi
tower??!!!

What do you mean when you say, "it doesn't fit"? Is the board too large to
fit inside the case, do the mounting holes not line up, or do the I/O
connectors on the motherboard not line up with the cutouts on the back of
the case?

If the latter, do you have the correct I/O shield installed on the back of
the case? Your motherboard may have come with an I/O shield. If so,
replace the I/O shield on the case. The I/O shield just pops out with
moderate force.

Are you *sure* your case has a full-size ATX form factor? A quick Google
on "tiny atx" indicates that your chassis may in fact be micro-ATX:

http://www.directron.com/a102b.html
http://www.thermalgear.com/encsw2frusat.html

If your case is similar to any of these, then a full-size ATX board will
not fit.

2600 processors I got) dont physically fit the cases, and one of the PSU's
doesnt fit into the motherbaord connector either (wrong connector at the end)

As for the motherboard power connector, this is a 20-pin socket arranged in
two rows of ten each. The power supply power connector is keyed to fit
only one way, and a latch will engage when the connector is fully inserted.

If you're still having trouble, please tell us the make and model of your
motherboards AND cases, and tell us which motherboard you're trying to
install in which chassis.

--
Robert B. Clark (email ROT13'ed)
Visit ClarkWehyr Enterprises On-Line at http://www.3clarks.com/ClarkWehyr/