Old February 6th 04, 12:01 PM
Martin

Steven Campbell wrote:
I built my daughter a PC last year and have never been able to solve
the overheating problems.
It is an Athlon 1400 on a ASUS a7v8x board, 256Mb, CDrw & DVD the case
dimensions are (DxWxH)mm 476x185x443 (cheap case from)

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...vd19wcm9kdWN0X
292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=44509
It has a Thermaltake Silent boost with Arctic Silver 3
An exhaust fan. I cut out the mesh on the back of the case and
installed a wire grill as I felt previously the hot air was bouncing
off the mesh and back into the PC.
I have an 80mm fan at the front / bottom but when I have it running it
increases the CPU temp and decreases the Motherboard temp.
Disconnected it decreases CPU and increases MB temps.

Steven,

You may want to try fitting this fan the other way round.

Martin