Old November 8th 03, 03:11 AM
Zoney

Default A7N8X Delux SATA Driver problem

Hi,

I Installed a single Seagate Barracuda 80gb hard drive on the above
board (primary SATA).

On installing XP I use the driver from the cd copied to floppy and the
installation works fine.

The problem is that on loading, Windows hows that no driver is
installed for the Sil Raid. Obviously with only one Drive the Raid
feature is not applicable, but nevertheless I presume a driver for the
controller should be installed.

No matter which driver I use for the Sil - when I reboot - the system
seems to try to load in short bursts of 5 seconds (ie the blue
indicator on loading XP moves for a few seconds then stops, moves
again then stops etc), after around 20 minutes the system still hasn't
booted into XP.

I have tried the drivers on the CD, and from the Sil web site - have
upgraded the BIOS to 1007 and retried installing the drivers but the
same happens.

The raid utility loads ok and shows the drive is running in UDMA 6
(was PIO).

Sandra benches the drive at 32,000 which I would guess is a little too
low for this setup.

Any advice?

Can a single drive be used or does the SATA HAVE to be in a RAID
config?

The board is Rev 2.0 btw.

TIA