Old November 12th 03, 09:13 PM
@drian

"Toronto Garage Door Company" wrote in
message
. cable.rogers.com...

When I first purchased it, while installing an OS, the computer would go
blue code stop during install every time. When I took it in to a repair
shop, they said that when they unplugged my DVD Rom, it seemed to smooth

the
problem out. They said there was some sort of conflict. So I learned to
live without the DVD Rom.

I'll not stoop as low as the other arrogant poster there...

Did you check out the power supply? Sometimes an under-rated PSU can cause
problems, or, one that is going faulty. Is your system being cooled
properly? If you simply installed the OS and received a blue screen, it can
hardly be a driver issue.

Look at your PSU and system cooling, for starters. The other thing I've
seen cause that is memory errors, i.e. RAM modules being faulty. If you
have multiple modules and don't have dual channel, try one memory module at
a time, see if that helps.

@drian.