Old November 12th 03, 07:55 PM
Bastet

Toronto Garage Door Company wrote:
I live in Toronto Canada, and I have some serious computer problems
First I will explain why I am angry .. then I will explain the
problems I am having with my computer lol

I tried installing Macromedia Dreamweaver...Fireworks and Microsoft
Office 2003. Each time I got an error saying that I require a newer
version of windows. Windows 2000 or later!

You're angry because you're incapable of reading the system requirements of
a piece of software?! It *CLEARLY* states on the Office 2003 box "requires
2000 SP3 or later or Windows XP". ME is newer than 2000, but it's 9x-based -
2003 requires an NT-based OS. Most *DEFINITELY* an ID-TEN-T error. The
latest DreamWeaver (TTBOMK) also requires 2000 or XP and ditto Fireworks.
You really are an idiot aren't you - wasting nearly a grand on software
(assuming they're all full versions) because you didn't think to read the
system requirements.

So normally I would NEVER use WinME...but I have some serious
problems with my computer. I've taken it in to the repair shop a few
times...but to no avail..they say nothing is wrong with my
board...chip...or memory. The problems have been active since the
day I purchased my computer...and as stupid as I am, I did not send
it back to them, and I lost out on warranty. I'll eat whatever I have
to in order to get it working properly however, since it was my fault
for not returning it!

Yep, you're stupid all right.

What happens is I constantly get page faults when browsing with
Internet Explorer. Explorer will crash quite frequently, and I have
to restart my browser all over again. A few times it was some sort
of HTML.dll error....but not every time.

This is VERY annoying...but something I learned to live with. I have
tried installing WinXP on this computer...but for some reason after a
month or two .. I will end up getting a blue code stop error
(C00002x or whatever the number is) ...or the computer starts acting
VERY wierd...like losing all icons on my desktop, and can't get them
back no matter what I do .. and I'm back to format and reinstalling
an operating system....IF that even works.

My computer is a 1.9ghz p4...80gig HD .. 256ddr ram .. geforce 4
mx440 ... and the thing runs 100000000X worse than my 700mhz hp used
to lol

Did you check whether your hardware and software was XP compatible?! Did you
make sure that drivers were available for your hardware? That stop error is
caused when a kernel-mode process incorrectly attempts to perform memory
operations. This is typically caused by faulty drivers or buggy software. Is
all your software XP compatible? This isn't a hardware issue, so of course
no fault can be found with your hardware! More information can be found here
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm.

When I first purchased it, while installing an OS, the computer would
go blue code stop during install every time. When I took it in to a
repair shop, they said that when they unplugged my DVD Rom, it seemed
to smooth the problem out. They said there was some sort of
conflict. So I learned to live without the DVD Rom.

Then, I took the computer in to get it repaired again when my
motherboard shorted out. They replaced the board, and while they
were doing that I explained to them my problems with programs
constantly crashing, and my OS issues. They said that it could be
either a memory problem, or a cpu problem. They ran tests on the
memory and cpu....everything checked out. I tried using a different
video card.....still problems.

That's because the issues are software/driver, not hardware related.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am at a complete loss!!!
Thanks!
Arjay

You're welcome