Old September 19th 07, 01:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Trojan Hussar

Default Any know the compaq part number for a VRM for an ML350?

On 18 Sep, 21:21, peacekeeper wrote:
On 18 sep, 12:06, Trojan Hussar wrote:

I have a ML350 (G1) which is currently running a single PIII 600
(133MHz FSB), and it uses a VRM with the part numbers
330638-001/329267-001. I'm planning to drop a pair of 933MHz PIIIs
into it but will need a pair of VRMs for the new processors? I believe
I need a pair 155681-001 but I cannot find a definitive answer as to
if this is the correct model.

Anyone have any idea of the part numbers I need?

Many Thanks,
Jason.

I would say you don't need other VRM's in case you happen to own the
933Mhz already, why don't you try with a single chip? In case it runs
smoothly you have the answer.
As far as I know a VRM is a VRM als long as it's a VRM . At least with
the IBM machines it is.

Finding out about the power consuption of the chip would help you as
well. Keep in mind that you might have to change some settings on the
board.

I think from experience the cut off appears to be the 600MHz PIII
boundary, for some reason (probably power consumption) 600MHz PIII's
require different VRMs. I've now found a couple of references to
933MHz PIII processors being used with 155681-001 so I think I'll go
with them for now!

Many Thanks,
Jason