Old April 16th 07, 02:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Slap

Default 8800GTS 320MB power requirements

"Phil" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am about to buy a geforce 8800GTS 320MB card. It says minimum
requirements for the card is 400W and 12V rated at 26A. My power
supply is 400 watts but only rated for 12V at 18A. You think I could
pull that off or should I buy a new PSU?

Yes. You don't want to mistreat that card. A power supply I'm going to get
is here...
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/produc...ower_index.asp

I'm looking at the ones with the Cable management Technology. 750 watt
although the 850 watt is stocked locally for me. W0116RU and W0131RU. I
would get a 650 watt minimum... you might add something else later -you
never know.