Old March 20th 05, 06:20 AM
ric

kony wrote:

Only because I found a good assortment of 1W carbon resistors at
my local Radio Shack. 2W? No such luck. 1W is plenty.

Do they have one of those packs with several assorted values
inside or is one forced to buy the individual smaller packs?
I suppose it could depend on the store too, those I've been
to in the past couple years seem to have scaled back their
stock of these types of components. The individual packs
from Radio Shack always seem wildly overpriced to me, though
it could be a good idea for only a few values.

Man, this was years ago. Before I started using potentiometers. As I
remember, each package had about 5 resistors of the same value.
That store isn't even there any more. Progress!