Old February 19th 04, 09:59 PM
VinceV

OR

Purchase a SCSI drive to install the operating system on (and boot
from) and use the IDE drives for storage...

VinceV

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message ...
cant be done. that server does not support the int13 thingy that is needed
for IDE controllers to boot with.

give up now...

LC

"Mark S" wrote in message
Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a PCI IDE controller,
preferably UDMA 100/133?
Reason.....
I have a Compaq Proliant 5000 running Win2K SVR, and I am trying to put 4
120Gb IDE HDD's in it. I have tried various PCI IDE RAID cards in it, both
with the SCSI Raid controller in and out of it. The only thing that

happens
is: Boot machine, run the config, doesn't detect HDD but does detect the

PCI
card. press F1 to force it to boot, and you get it to run Win setup from

the
CD. It goes all the way through setup before restarting, and then fails
again at boot!
Is there anyway that I can configure the "bios" to accept/ignore the PCI
card but allow Win2K to access it? or create a configuration file for the
Smart setup to use?
Or am I wasting my time????
please bear in mind.... 120Gb IDE HDD =£65 ($100) Very Large SCA HDD =£big

Many thanks for reading, and many thanks in advance

Mark S