Old September 7th 03, 05:36 PM
Matt

John A wrote:
I am looking at building my first system, and I have a question related to
FSB speed and memory speed. For example, if I were to get a Biostar M7NCD
that supports either PC2100 (266), PC2700 (333), PC3200 (400), do I have to
be running my FSB at the matching speed to take advantage of the faster
memory? For instance, if I would get a AMD XP 1800 such that I run by FSB at
266, would it be a waste to go for the PC2700 or PC3200 (unless of course I
plan to upgrade the processor in the future)?

The price difference between the faster and slower RAMs is puny. The
faster RAMS will definitely improve performance now and in the future.