Old September 9th 03, 04:17 PM
mcheu

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:55:32 -0400, RicM wrote::

I've got a defective PNY Verto GEForce4 Ti 4200. Manual says "to
obtain warranty service , phone PNY at 1-800-234-4597" but all that
does is put you in an endless recorded message loop. Checked the
website and can find no info on requesting an RMA. Called PNY in NJ
and left two messages for Customer Service, neither of which was
returned.

What the heck is the secret? This is my first experience with PNY and
may well be my last.

Anyone? Anyone?

First, try the store you bought it from. If it's a recent purchase,
it should be the least annoying and fastest. Since most stores have a
14-30 day exchange policy, RMA would be handled by the store and it
goes into "Somebody Else's problem" territory.

Second, if you have to RMA it from the manufacturer, and want to keep
trying the phone thing, try the time tested method of mashing the 0
(zero) key. Most of the voicemail mazes are set so that this gets
you to a live person or in case of technical problems (repeated
looping of the same message is sometimes a conflict between their
voicemail and your local tel. exchange -- you should let them know so
they can sort it out with the telco.).

Third. There's got to be a mailing address on the box. Assuming
you've got a fair amount of time remaining on the warranty, snail mail
may be an option. Companies rarely ignore paper messages.
Thanks,

MCheu