Old January 22nd 04, 12:31 AM
Ralph

Some ppl suggest going back to earlier drivers, eg. Catalyst 2.2 and then
using the "DisableATIMacrovisionDetection.zip" utility. I have tried that
utility and it didn't work for me, possibly because it's not for XP (I have
also tried "atimacro100.zip" and "atim30s.zip" without success)
but I haven't yet tried it in conjunction with Catalyst 2.2. But it would be
a shame to have to revert to such an old driver version.

Isn't there a 3rd party driver for the card that has the Macrovision
disabled? I seem to recall that there was an Omega driver a while back that
disabled it, but it was for Win2K, so I don't know if it would work for XP.
I think I still have it somewhere though - is it safe to try installing a
W2K driver on an XP system?

"Kent_Diego" wrote in message
I remember seeing a reference to a patch for this on the forums at:
http://rage3d.com

Please post back your results.

-Kent