Old November 20th 03, 10:42 PM
Charles Howse

Mike Richter wrote:

Charles Howse wrote:
Mike Richter wrote:

Charles Howse wrote:
Hello Group, I hate to crosspost, so if this isn't the proper
group, please let me know.

I am using cdbakeoven 1.8.9 on KDE 3.1.4 on FreeBSD
4.8-RELEASE-p13. I have an AOPEN CD-RW CRW5224, which is 52x
Record 24x Rewrite 52x Read. This burner worked beautifully in
Windows. I have read Andy McFadden's CD-Recordable FAQ, but can't
find an answer to this.

I can't burn faster than 4x

Can anoyne help me solve this issue? A debug dump from the last
burn session I ran is included at the bottom of this msg. This
session was burning an iso file to a CD-RW disk. The disk is an
Imation 650MB, 74 Min. If I can tell you anything else, please
let me know.

Is the disc HighSpeed or UltraSpeed?

I don't know your software, but somewhere it should report to you
what the ATIP says about the disc's properties. If the logo on the
package does not say HighSpeed or UltraSpeed, the disc won't write
faster than 4x. If the ATIP says max speed is 4x, that's the
maximum.

Mike, Please notice in the dumpfile I included with my original post
that the ATIP info from the disk is blank. Or...the data below ATIP
info from disk indicates 4x max. I'll solve this as soon as I can go
get a few High-speed CD-R's.

ATIP info from disk: Indicated writing power: 5 Reference speed: 2 Is
not unrestricted Is erasable ATIP start of lead in: -11635
(97:26/65) ATIP start of lead out: 337350 (75:00/00) 1T speed low: 0
(reserved val 0) 1T speed high: 4 2T speed low: 8 2T speed high:
0 (reserved val 10)

I saw but could not interpret what I read. That is, "not unrestricted"
means the speed is restricted to something - but what? If restricted to
4x (1T), then it is neither HighSpeed nor UltraSpeed and cannot be
written faster than 4x. But what does 2T mean?

Mike

I'm afraid I have no idea. :-(