Old November 20th 03, 06:57 PM
Charles Howse

Charles Howse wrote:

Hello Group,
I hate to crosspost, so if this isn't the proper group, please let me
know.

I am using cdbakeoven 1.8.9 on KDE 3.1.4 on FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p13.
I have an AOPEN CD-RW CRW5224, which is 52x Record 24x Rewrite 52x Read.
This burner worked beautifully in Windows.
I have read Andy McFadden's CD-Recordable FAQ, but can't find an answer to
this.

I can't burn faster than 4x

Can anoyne help me solve this issue?
A debug dump from the last burn session I ran is included at the bottom of
this msg.
This session was burning an iso file to a CD-RW disk.
The disk is an Imation 650MB, 74 Min.
If I can tell you anything else, please let me know.

It was the CD-RW max speed that was holding me back.

I bought some Fuji 48x CD-R's, and just recorded 2 at about 24x each.
I'll do some more research and see if I can do anything to bump it up to
52x.

I suppose it could be the fact that the .iso image I used for burning was on
a HD on the same controller as the burner, it could also be that this
burner will operate at a lower speed unless you press one of the buttons
until the light blinks twice, and then it speeds up to max. I forgot to do
that.