Old July 4th 06, 12:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computer,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
George Hester

Default Why Pentium?

"Bioboffin" wrote in message
Bazzer Smith wrote:
"Talal Itani" wrote in message
Hello,

I am in the market for a good computer, with a dual-core CPU. I keep
reading that Athlon is better than Pentium, Athlon is faster than
Pentium, and Athlon is lower priced than Pentium. But if that is
the case, why do most businesses have Pentium based PCs and not
Athlon based PCs? Surely most businesses research the pros and cons
of a product before they make their purchases. Thank you for
clarifying this for me.

If you choose Pentiums you don't have to bother installing a central
heating system.

This was once the case. I always buy Intel, and I can tell you that the

last
dual core processor at 3.2Ghz runs quite hot. In my case with aftermarket
(Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 pro) cooling, I have 50 degrees Celsius (almost
regardless of the ambient temperature).

John

Wow that is hot isn't it? That is where my machine is supposed to flip out.
I have the setting there. Can you tell me what it should never be more
than?

--

George Hester