Old October 19th 03, 07:22 PM
Skid

"nightic" wrote in message
Aye, that Buffalo stuff's a bit of a dark horse, for the money it's gotta

be
worth a try.

That's what I thought when I heard about it, and it definitely WAS worth a
try. It has all the characteristics of BH-5, tight timings at low fsb and
the ability to OC reasonably well with relaxed timings.

In that respect, it was a better choice for what I wanted to do, OC a P4
2.4, than the more expensive stuff.

PC4000 is CAS 2.5-3 and most can barely top 260 mhz at 1:1. At 5:4 it's a
waste because you can't run tighter timings and you'll never get any current
Intel system stable at an fsb of 312+. (It's also a waste on an AMD system,
IMHO, because few of them will run at 250+ fsb.)

The Buffalo Tech, though it uses 5 ns modules only certified for 200 mhz,
can hit 220 or better at CAS 2, making it perfect for overclocking at a 5:4
cpu/ram ratio.

With my cpu at 275 and the ram at 220, I get benchmarks better than any
stock 3.2 and memory scores higher than most high-latency PC4000 at 250 mhz.