Old July 11th 06, 05:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
David P Greer

Default 9600XT Crashes on Google Earth

Is anyone else having this problem? When I launch Google Earth, the
program runs a few moments, loads up the earth image, starts to zoom in,
then freezes.

There is no warning - after the freeze, the monitor goes into stand-by
mode, and will not come out. I have to reboot with the reset switch.

This happens in either Open GL or Direct X mode.

The Catalyst Control Panel (6.3 driver) says the card is running at 47C,
so temperature does not seem to be the problem.

The only other app I run that uses the 3D part of the card is SimCity 4,
and it also crashes after a few minutes of use.

System:

ASUS A7V880, BIOS 1008
AthlonXP 3200+, 333FSB
1GB RAM
ATi 9600XT
WinXP Home

All drivers up to date, no overclocking. Motherboard temp at 32C, CPU
at 49C.

Any suggestions?

TIA

David