Old September 22nd 03, 01:21 AM
Conor Turton

In article ,
says...
This cannot be a coincidence! I just got a new MAtrox Harddrive and
installed the Pro Magic 6.0 that came with my Aopen 533N motherboard.
Just before installing, it did a scan disk and a defrag - not errors
or bad sectors. Now, after it installed and had a hard time booting
several times after the PRo Magic was installed, it now detects over 9
GIGs of Bad sectors - this is right after I had 25 GIG of bad sectors
on the last hard drive before I returned it - all after installing Pro
Magic 6.0! Worse than this, I only detected about 1 Gig of bad
sectors, went to reboot and found 9 GIGs! Nothing before installing
this software...what the hell gives?

What can I do about this? Does this sound like a virus on the OEM cd?
When I first had the problem, even after formatting, there were still
bad sectors.

Anyone have a fix or a workaround for this? Should I get a new drive
(again!)

**** all wrong with the old drive and if you can't see this you
shouldn't be doing anything with computers except using Word on them.

I'll throw you a bone.

1)Install first drive, it works fine.
2)Install Pro Magic, it ****s up the data
3)Install second drive, it works fine.
4)Install Pro Magic, it ****s up the data (STARTING TO SEE A
PATTERN????)
5)Use DOS based tool that doesn't load Pro Magic and it reports all A-
OK.

If you haven't worked out that Pro Magic is the root of all your
problems then you're a friggin moron.

There is nothing wrong with the drives. The partitions have got
corrupted from that sack of **** software you're insistent on
installing.

Wipe the drive, partition it again AND FOPR **** SAKE DON'T INSTALL
THAT PRO MAGIC ****.