Old December 28th 20, 05:13 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Arlen Holder

Default Have you ever had a working PC that wouldn't go into the BIOS mode?

On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 17:25:49 -0600, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Usually, I would prefer USB. However, I used to have some older systems
without USP support in BIOS, and I would use a PS/2 keyboard for those.
IIRC, that was true with the PII-class Celeron with "Y2K compliant"
motherboard.

UPDATE:

The solution, strangely enough, was to remove everything from every port
possible, nary even a mouse, with just a mechanical keyboard in place.

Then, after POST, an F10 opened to the BIOS setup where I was able to
enable AMD-V, which then enabled Android emulators to work on Windows
inside of a virtual machine (in my case, inside of VirtualBox).

See also:
o Have you gotten Genymotion freeware to work on an older AMD CPU on Win10?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.comp.freeware/AtHp2BtOcxk

o How to get Genymotion Android emulation to work on an AMD Win10Pro desktop
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.comp.freeware/AtHp2BtOcxk/lQRxtMuNAgAJ
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart, as always, to voluntarily help all.